…to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.
There is a huge difference between loving someone and accepting them. Every area of fight in a relationship is where you don’t accept something about that person, even though you love them.
In the same way, we must come to a place of accepting ourselves before we can be reconciled to our lives. This process is what many people refer to as forgiving themselves, but we must not get confused here: we are not qualified to forgive ourselves, since forgiveness is expensive; it takes the shedding of blood. We are forgiven because of the cross; our part is to receive forgiveness and to enjoy the fact that God accepts us, and therefore we can accept ourselves.
Acceptance comes when we give up the hope that things could have been different. If you are still saying, “I could have” And, “I should have” you need to make the switch, because everything that seems like it worked for your harm, God will turn it for your advantage.
Here are 13 things you can act on today to enable you to love AND accept yourself in the light of God’s love and acceptance of YOU.
Meditate and ACT!
- Give your life to Jesus Christ, because you will never know your true value until you know how much you are worth to God.
- Pursue God with all you are. Give your best, and then you won’t have any regrets.
- Give yourself permission to be human. Accept the fact that sometimes you don’t know enough.
- Don’t equate your worth to your material possessions. You are not worth more or less because of what you have or don’t have.
- Celebrate yourself. When you are in shame, people rule over you and your apologetic stance for who you are gives them too much power. They might have seen you fall, but their issues are no better than yours, so stand tall!
- Ask God to reveal your purpose. Life will wear you down if you don’t know your personal “why”.
- Don’t constantly second guess yourself. Trust your inner compass and don’t be led by what someone else says all the time; you will probably get lost!
- Guard your heart from negative self -dialogue: “I am too old for this.” “I can’t do this” Shut this voice down!
- Deal only in the truth. Being authentic will make all the manipulative, calculating people drop off.
- Always give your best and never let them say that you didn’t try. God will never judge you for failing, only for failing to try.
- Judge yourself by the Word, and not by the world’s standards.
- Fill your life with people, who believe in you and bring out the best in you, not the ones who bring you down. That includes people who love you enough to correct you! You don’t just want the ones who kiss your butt! One of the best tests of character is how you respond to correction.
- When life is challenging, testify to yourself about your accomplishments. Call to remembrance what you and God pulled off in the past. He will do it again in your life!