Proverbs 13: 20 tells us this exciting yet sobering truth: He that walks with wise men shall be wise, but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.
When you look around your life, how many wise people and how many fools have you got?
When all is said and done, you must realize that the reward in life is not so much what you did, but who you spent your life with. When I spend my life with you, it is not a rehearsal; this is it!
Will you choose the company of buzzards, or will you find out where the eagles hang out?
Here are some indicators that you aren’t ready to hang with the eagles yet:
- You like the easy route and you only really do as much as you feel like doing at any given time
- You have many opinions about everything and you feel you must be heard!
- When someone comments about your life to bring any kind of correction, you are unable to hear it, especially if their delivery was at all insensitive
- You have many friends but no one has complete freedom to talk in an unguarded way to you
- Your priority is to look like you are successful and on top, but you aren’t so bothered about being the real deal.
Here are some indicators that you are ready to go somewhere and find company that will take you upwards:
- You have one or two individuals who you can rely on to inspire, encourage and lift you towards the fulfillment of your purpose, and to bring the best out of you.
- You like to listen to others because you recognize that everyone can teach you something, even if what they say and do warns you that this is not the way this should be done!
- When someone corrects you in a way that wounds, you have the ability and resolve to pick out the points for improvement without getting lost in the offense.
- You are always looking for people who you can inspire towards their purpose – it isn’t always just about you!
- You have a hunger to learn and be taught, and you want to build your life with integrity.
The friends and people you hang around with ultimately determine what is possible for you. Choose wisely!